Date and Schedule
February 19 – March 27, 2021
Self-directed work on Sunday – Thursday. You must complete all assigned work each week before your live discussion group.
Live discussion groups on Friday or Saturday. You will be assigned to a group that meets at the same time each week. Attendance is required.
Online through an online learning platform.
We will provide access instructions soon.
This is an intensive course that will require you to complete the following assignments for each of the 5 weeks:
- Read for 2-3 hours each week.
- Watch 5-6 hours of pre-recorded video presentations each week.
- Complete self-directed assignments for 2-3 hours each week.
- Participate in scheduled small group discussions for about 3 hours each week.
You will also be required to complete a take-home Final Exam within 3 weeks after the class ends. The exam may take between 3-12 hours to complete.
Students who complete the course will receive a Completion Certificate from the ILRC. To receive the certificate, you must meet the following expectations:
- Complete all weekly assignments before your live small group discussion,
- Participate in your schedule small group discussion each Friday or Saturday, and
- Pass the take-home Final Exam.
Students who do not meet the course expectations may still receive a participation letter from Immigrant Hope.
Final Exam Information
- The Final Exam will be distributed electronically on the last day of class.
- The Exam is due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 19, 2021.
- The completed exam should be submitted as a Microsoft Word Doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Exam is open book, open notes, and open research. Students may look up information in any sources they choose, except for old versions of the Exam itself.
- Students may not receive help on the Exam from anyone else, including other students, colleagues, attorneys, etc.
- There are 55 total questions, worth 2 points each. Answers must be complete and correct to receive full credit. Partial credit is available.
- The Exam is pass/fail. No retakes are available.
- A passing grade is 70% (77/110 points).
We will be adding more information as we get closer to the date. Any questions? Feel free to call (612) 516-5422 or email at: email@example.com