Date and Schedule
October 15 – November 20, 2021
Self-directed work on Sunday – Thursday. You must complete all assigned work each week before your live discussion group.
Live discussion groups on Friday or Saturday. You will be assigned to a group that meets at the same time each week. Attendance is required.
Online through the Moodle online learning platform and Zoom conference calls.
- Registered students will be invited to join the Moodle classroom in the week before the class starts.
- Look for an email with the subject line: IMMIGRANT PATHWAY Institute: New user account
- Click on the link in the email, or visit https://ipi.moodlecloud.com/login/?lang=en.
Bookmark this link so you can return to the page easily.
- Copy-and-paste the username and password from the email to log in. Save your username.
- Follow the instructions to change your temporary password. Use the password in the email as the Current Password. Save the new password you create.
- Continue to follow the prompts to accept the site policies.
- You should see IPI Online #24 listed on the Course Overview section.
This is an intensive course that will require you to complete the following assignments for each of the 5 weeks:
- Read for 2-3 hours each week.
- Watch 5-6 hours of pre-recorded video presentations each week.
- Complete self-directed assignments for 3-4 hours each week.
- Participate in scheduled small group discussions for about 3 hours each week.
You will also be required to complete a take-home Final Exam within 3 weeks after the class ends. The exam may take between 3-12 hours to complete.
Students who complete the course will receive a Completion Certificate from the ILRC. To receive the certificate, you must meet the following expectations:
- Complete all weekly assignments before your live small group discussion,
- Participate in your schedule small group discussion each Friday or Saturday, and
- Pass the take-home Final Exam.
Students who do not meet the course expectations may still receive a participation letter from Immigrant Hope.
Final Exam Information
- The Final Exam will be distributed electronically on the last day of class.
- The Exam is due by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on December 13, 2021.
- The Exam is open book, open notes, and open research. Students may look up information in any sources they choose, except for old versions of the Exam itself.
- Students may not receive help on the Exam from anyone else, including other students, colleagues, attorneys, etc.
- There are 55 total questions, worth 2 points each. Answers must be complete and correct to receive full credit. Partial credit is available.
- The Exam is pass/fail. No retakes are available.
- A passing grade is 70% (77/110 points).
We will be adding more information as we get closer to the date. Any questions? Feel free to call (612) 516-5422 or email at: email@example.com